Become an expert flirter in no time.
Flirting doesn’t come easily to everyone. Even the most confident people will freeze up and utter a wimpy “hey” when they see their beloved crush approaching them in the hallways or on the street. But don’t worry. If you struggle with flirting, we’ve got plenty of tips to help you master the art of the flirt and get your crush’s attention in no time.
1. Draw attention to your lips. It sounds ridiculous but it actually works. Get pouty and keep chapstick or lipgloss in your bag. When you see your crush coming your way, swipe on a layer. They’ll be dreaming about those lips all day long.
You can’t go wrong with cherry chapstick:
2. Smile and say hi when you pass them in the halls. I know, when you’re walking in the hall and you see your crush approaching, it can be the scariest feeling in the world. Your gut reaction will probably be to look down at your phone and pretend like you’re in a furious text conversation, but ignore those instincts, look up, and smile at them. No need to get into a big conversation (unless you want to!). Just take a half-second to wave, say hi, then keep moving. Boom — you’ll be on your crush’s radar.
3. Ignore your crush… but not for long. It sounds counter-intuitive, doesn’t it? But imagine running into your crush and a group of their friends at McDonald’s. Say hi to their friends first and strike up a convo. Your crush will feel the tiniest bit left out, until you turn to include them (and make their day).
4. Master the bump-and-flatter. “Accidentally” run into a hottie at a crowded party. You can laugh and say, “Oh, sorry — I become a total klutz around cute people.” They’ll be immediately flattered and want to know more about you. That’s when you introduce yourself and start a convo.
5. Let a hottie catch you looking at them. I know, this seems so scary. Usually, when someone catches you staring you look away so quickly so they don’t realize you were literally drooling while watching them eat a hamburger. But, next time, try this instead. Gather up all the confidence you can. Then when your crush catches you staring, smile back at them, maybe even wink. It will prove that you’re confident AF and will give them the excuse to come talk to you.
ADVERTISEMENT – CONTINUE READING BELOW
6. Check out their clothes. If they’re wearing a band shirt or sport jersey, ask them about it. It will make you seem sincere and interested in their life, and it will start a nice conversation where you can learn more about each other.
7. Be obvious sometimes. Maybe you’re playing frisbee in the park and you “accidentally” throw it toward the cuties near you. An exaggerated apology lets them know you’re flirting on purpose (and in on the joke) and could lead to a conversation.
8. Introduce a cutie to your friend. If you’re too scared to start a convo alone, bring your friend with you and introduce her to your crush. This may seem weird, but sometimes it’s easier to approach a person for someone else.
9. Flirt before you see them: Text, “You should wear that blue shirt tonight — it makes your eyes look amazing :)” This will get them excited to see you later and show off that they took your advice. It will also make your crush realize you’re thinking of them.
10. Start off with something cheesy to break the ice. If you’re thinking of pick-up lines, the only ones that are coming to you are probably super lame recycled ones. “Did it hurt… when you fell from heaven?” Or: “How much does an elephant weight? Just enough to break the ice!” If you’re trying to play it smooth but you’re coming up short, embrace the awkwardness and just be cute as hell. You know Jughead Jones would appreciate it.